Easter is right around the corner and if you’re looking for a delicious and easy Easter camping recipe, we’ve got your back. This is an incredibly simple and mouthwatering recipe for Ham & Pineapple Skewers and it’s so easy that your kids can help make it. Take it with you on your springtime camping trips!
Ham & Pineapple Skewers
- Fully cooked boneless ham (size varies – plan 6-8 oz per person)
- 2 cans pineapple chunks in juice – save the juice!
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup mustard
You’ll also need:
- Kebab roasting skewers
- Small bowl
- Basting brush
- Fire up the grill – or use the outdoor cooktop on your new or used RV. This is a perfect recipe for outdoor kitchens!
- If you’re using wooden kebab skewers, you’ll need to soak them in water for at least an hour prior to making this recipe. No soaking is needed for metal skewers.
- Combine the brown sugar and mustard in a bowl. Gradually pour the juice from the cans of pineapple in with the brown sugar and mustard, whisking it until you have a thick slurry. You won’t use the remaining juice, so you can discard it.
- Cut the ham into bite size chunks.
- Thread the ingredients onto the skewers, alternating pieces of ham with pineapple chunks and cherries.
- Lightly brush the pineapple juice mixture onto your kebabs.
- Grill until the ham is heated through and the pineapple chunks have a good sear. Serve with your favorite springtime sides – like cheesy scalloped potatoes, deviled eggs, or corn on the cob. Enjoy!
One of the reasons my family loves this meal so much in the springtime is because it uses a lot of traditional Easter feast flavors without the mega-ton of prep. Traveling in the right new or used RV can also make your travels a lot easier – and we can help you pick out the perfect unit. Contact us today!