Grab this amazing camping recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins to take with you on all of your cool-weather camping trips this year! You’ll love it as a warm, hearty, and satisfying breakfast treat whether you’re at home or on the road. It’s also a great treat to make guests if you’re hosting friends or family for the holidays and letting them stay in your new or used RV. Add this recipe to your lineup today!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup regular white sugar
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups oil
- 3 cups all purpose flower
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cloves
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cups and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugars, pumpkin, and oil until smooth.
- Separately, combine all the dry ingredients except chocolate chips and whisk well. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring well to mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into the muffin cups, distributing evenly.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until dark golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
You’ll love the autumn flavor of pumpkin spice in this recipe with the sharpness of the dark chocolate. If you want a lighter flavor, consider swapping the dark chocolate for semi-sweet, or use 2 cups of white sugar instead of half brown/half white. One make-ahead tip I like to use for camping trips is to pre-measure and mix together my dry ingredients in a food storage bag and keep it in the pantry. On muffin making day, all I have to do is mix together the wet ingredients and add in the bag of flour and spices!
We’d love to help you get your RV ready for fall and winter traveling, so contact us today!